Join a high-performing, close-knit team at a fast-growing technology startup in the Boston area. Dover Microsystems is commercializing a revolutionary hardware-based cybersecurity technology that empowers processors to defend against all network-based attacks. With technology based on a $100M DARPA research program, Dover was incubated and recently spun-out of Draper, and already has significant commercial traction with customers in the Industrial and Consumer IoT markets.
We are looking for a hardware engineer to join our growing team. Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Work on the development and integration of Dover’s CoreGuard hardware IP into mainstream
commercial RISC processor cores.
- Work with the synthesis team to complete timing closure on RTL designs.
- Physical hardware debug of FPGA development boards with digital oscilloscopes and logic
- Debugging of hardware regression tests.
- Expertise in Verilog, System Verilog.
- Experience with digital design schemes: SoCs, pipelining, caches, clock domain crossing, timing
- Able to work efficiently in linux development environments, including scripting languages (Python or Pearl) and makefiles.
- RISC-V or Arm familiarity preferred.
- High degree of comfort in the entire HW design cycle: concept, design, architecture,
implementation and test.
- Commercial system design and delivery experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Passion and enthusiasm for technical challenges.
- FPGA HW/SW system experience.
- Strong knowledge of cyber security principles and knows the cyber security ecosystem.
- Able to work independently.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Five plus years of experience or relevant academic projects.
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment would be preferred.
Culture & Benefits
Dover Microsystems is located in a beautifully renovated factory building on the banks of the Charles River in Waltham, Massachusetts, just a short walk away from the Waltham Carter Street Commuter Rail stop. We have lots of drinks and snacks, plus access to free on-site fitness center, biking/walking paths, and kayak launches. We’re a small, tight-knit group that works in a relaxed, friendly and highly motivated environment.
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive health and dental coverage.
- A flexible take-what-you-want vacation policy, plus official holidays.
- Flexible office hours and work from home options.
- Participation in an Employee Stock Option Plan.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.