Dover Microsystems is a new A-stage venture-backed startup in the Boston area developing and bringing to market new hardware IP which makes RISC computer processors immune to broad classes of cyber attacks. Based on a $100M DARPA research program and incubated inside Draper Laboratories, Dover already has significant traction with commercial and government customers in Industrial and Consumer Internet of Things markets.
We are looking for a hardware design engineer to join our growing team of experienced engineers. Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
You will be asked to:
- Work on the development and integration of Dover’s CoreGuard hardware IP into mainstream commercial RISC processor cores.
- Work with the synthesis team to complete timing closure on RTL designs.
- Debug FPGA development boards with digital oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
- Debug hardware regression tests.
We are looking for someone driven, smart and collegial, whose peers hold them in high regard, who enjoys pushing projects through to completion and takes pride in their quality of work.
We would like to see candidates with:
- At least 10 years of hardware design experience.
- Expertise in Verilog, System Verilog preferred.
- RISC-V or ARM familiarity required.
- Strong skills in Assembly, C, and Make.
- Background working in linux development environments.
- Commercial system design and delivery experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
Bonus points if you have:
- FPGA HW/SW system experience.
- Strong knowledge of cyber security principles and knows the cyber security ecosystem.
- An entrepreneurial background is a strong plus.
- Python experience.
- Experience with ASIC EDA tools for linting and synthesis.
- Experience using hardware debugging tools like analyzers and oscilloscopes.
Culture and Benefits
Dover Microsystems is located in a beautifully renovated factory building on the banks of the Charles River in Waltham, Massachusetts, just a short walk away from the Waltham Carter Street Commuter Rail stop. We have lots of drinks and snacks, plus access to an on-site fitness center, biking/walking paths, and kayak launches. With around a dozen employees, we’re a small tight-knit group that works in a relaxed, friendly and highly motivated environment.
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive health and dental coverage.
- A flexible take-what-you-want vacation policy, plus official holidays.
- Flexible office hours and work from home options.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions are welcome–we look forward to hearing from you!