Join a high-performing, close-knit team at a fast-growing technology startup in the Boston area. Dover Microsystems is commercializing a revolutionary hardware-based cybersecurity technology that empowers processors to defend against all network-based attacks. With technology based on a $100M DARPA research program, Dover was incubated and recently spun-out of Draper, and already has significant commercial traction with customers in the Industrial and Consumer IoT markets.
We are looking for an embedded systems software engineer to join our growing team. Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Maintain FreeRTOS ports.
- Work with software lead on ports of other embedded operating systems to our platform.
- Work with our customers’ technical teams on the integration of our proprietary software into their development tools.
- Strong programming skills in C and C++.
- Expertise working with FreeRTOS (internals, porting to various SoCs, writing and integrating drivers for a variety of peripherals.
- Embedded system software development experience. Writing and porting applications to both custom bare metal and RTOS environments.
- Experience with other embedded real time operating systems (examples: uLinux, Zephyr).
- Familiarity with SoC initialization and updating techniques (secure boot, firmware updates).
- Experience interfacing with customers and gathering their requirements.
- Experience working with a variety of toolchains and compilers (gcc, llvm, IAR).
- Understanding of operating system internals and experience porting embedded operating systems to new platforms.
- Experience debugging software on FPGA hardware platforms.
- Able to work independently.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience writing commercial software.
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment would be preferred.
Culture & Benefits
Dover Microsystems is located in a beautifully renovated factory building on the banks of the Charles River in Waltham, Massachusetts, just a short walk away from the Waltham Carter Street Commuter Rail stop. We have lots of drinks and snacks, plus access to free on-site fitness center, biking/walking paths, and kayak launches. We’re a small, tight-knit group that works in a relaxed, friendly and highly motivated environment.
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive health and dental coverage.
- A flexible take-what-you-want vacation policy, plus official holidays.
- Flexible office hours and work from home options.
- Participation in an Employee Stock Option Plan.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com.