Dover Microsystems is a new A-stage venture-backed startup in the Boston area developing and bringing to market new silicon IP which makes RISC computer processors immune to broad classes of cyber attacks. Based on a $100M DARPA research program and incubated inside Draper Laboratories, Dover already has significant traction with commercial and government customers in Industrial and Consumer Internet of Things markets.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our growing team of experienced engineers. Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
You will be asked to:
- Maintain and build automated testing environments for embedded systems software.
- Develop C and assembler tests to run on both simulators and FPGA based hardware.
- Narrow test cases, and submit defect reports to developers.
- Develop test methodologies for new technology (software and hardware) developments as needed.
We are looking for someone driven, smart and collegial, whose peers hold them in high regard, who enjoys pushing projects through to completion and takes pride in their quality of work.
We would like to see candidates with:
- Strong knowledge of C language.
- Experience with assembler code, both writing and debugging, RISC processors preferred.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python.
- Ability to work independently.
Bonus points if you have:
- Linux shell script.
- Embedded systems.
- Automated build systems (i.e. BuildBot).
Culture and Benefits
Dover Microsystems is located in a beautifully renovated factory building on the banks of the Charles River in Waltham, Massachusetts, just a short walk away from the Waltham Carter Street Commuter Rail stop. We have lots of drinks and snacks, plus access to an on-site fitness center, biking/walking paths, and kayak launches. We’re a small tight-knit group that works in a relaxed, friendly and highly motivated environment.
- Competitive compensation.
- Comprehensive health and dental coverage.
- A flexible take-what-you-want vacation policy, plus official holidays.
- Flexible office hours and work from home options.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions are welcome–we look forward to hearing from you!